Sunday, August 9, 2015

Drawing Simple Eyes: A How to Video Coming Thursday August 13, 2015


My latest how to draw video featured realistic looking eyes. Days after I filmed this video, I was sitting in geometry class learning about circles and arcs. I began to doodle using the types of lines I was learning about, and realized I could create eyes with circles and arcs! When I got home, I redrew the eyes with my camera recording.

The photo above shows the three types of eyes I came up with. The one on the far right has straight lines as well as arcs. I will go into more detail of how these eyes contain circles and arcs in the video this Thursday.

After a while, I worried that these eyes might be too simple for a how to video. I wanted to add something else about eyes. One idea I have is to show how to use these types of eyes as an iris, and turn them into more complex eyes. My second idea is to talk about eyes looking in different directions. The photo below shows a sketch of the second idea from my whiteboard. Please comment below if you think I should add either of these two ideas to the video, or both.

 

3 comments:

  1. I decided to include both ideas in tomorrow's video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is a link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PLUvyiE8PQ

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wrote a post about the video and its thumbnail: http://miriamsketchbook.blogspot.com/2015/08/how-to-draw-simple-eyes-is-now-published.html

    ReplyDelete