Saturday, September 26, 2015

Drawing a Tree on My Whiteboard...while planning future videos



Yesterday, I was brainstorming ideas for future videos on my whiteboard. Bloody letters and a jack-o-lantern in acrylic paint for October. Feathers in pen for November. A knitted scarf for December. I needed more video ideas to fill a gap in late November. I thought about how I have drawn trees before, and began to sketch one on my whiteboard with marker. I made little curved lines to add bark, and drew the outlines of branches. The tree looked like it did not have enough branches, and I wondered how to add branches that would be behind the ones I had drawn if the tree was three dimensional. I was able to draw light lines with my marker for branches that were towards the background. This looked okay, though I want to experiment more with shading if I draw a tree on paper.

Here are more photos of the tree on my whiteboard:



What do you think? Should I turn a tree like this one into a how to draw video? Do you have any requests for future videos? Please leave a comment, even if it is anonymous.

You can find the how to draw videos that I have already posted on my YouTube channel, Varietygirl1.


No comments:

Post a Comment