Friday, August 14, 2015

How to Draw Simple Eyes is Now Published




Earlier this week, I posted about my ideas for a video that showed ways to draw simple eyes. Now this video is on YouTube, although you can watch it from the blog post.

The video shows how to draw three different types of simple eyes, eyes looking in different directions, and eyes that show emotions. It also shows how to use the simple eyes as an iris in more detailed eyes.

For many of my videos, I used a single shot from the video as a thumbnail. For this video, I decided to experiment with the thumbnail. I cropped multiple shots from the video, and edited them together. I was having trouble getting the cropped photos to be the right dimensions for a thumbnail, so I added a blue border. The colorful border may draw someone's attention when they are looking for videos to watch. I might change the thumbnail to something less cluttered later, though I want to see how this one does at gaining views/watch time.

The Thumbnail:
 

 
Photos I combined:
 
 
 
 

Please comment below if you enjoyed the video or like the thumbnail. You can also leave questions, requests for future how to videos, etc. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment